Natural Highs You NEED to Try

/
0 Comments
photo by Asia O'Han
The most liberating feeling to experience as human is letting go of yourself and losing control to the point of ecstasy. This is why drug addicts get hooked, why we drink alcohol to loosen up, meditate, travel, etc. Anything we love to the point to get consumed in- watching TV, etc.- is a way to get out of our own mind and into something else. Face it, we as humans need a break from thinking sometimes.

As I've been getting into holistic healing, I've been using natural resources to meet my basic needs. Doing so made me think about the 'highs' I've experienced in my life from the silliest activities. These are endorphin overloads, similar to what people experience on man made drugs. Here's my list, and I wish these experiences on all.

Sky Diving

W T F. I jumped OUT of an airplane 3 miles in the air. The earth pulled me back with all it's might at 160 mph for an entire minute. I floated above the earth with NOTHING between me and the ground. And landed on my feet. HAHAH. I dropped down into one of those massive brown squares cultivated in the ground. I saw the blue planet meet the universe as they spooned across the curve of Earth's horizon. Sick.

The Orgasm

God, how can I even explain this one. Like pure naked bliss on cloud 9 where all atoms of your body tingle and tickle and are seductively soft as a smooth kitten. The best part? You and the only other most amazing, alluring person in the world just worked to get you there. Naked. mhmmm.

Running 

There's appoint after running for a few minutes that you can conquer the world. Literally. You can do anything. Impossible is nothing. You're the strongest most powerful human being EVER and life is goddam great.

Living Abroad

They say you're not really fluent in a language until you dream in it. Being submersed in it is a real quick way to learn. It's heavy duty work, and sometimes it can go horribly wrong and you can end up on the wrong train lost in the middle of nowhere. Inevitably learning from mistakes will expand vocabulary and eventually you're teetering fluency, when it hits you that you've just had a conversation for 2 hours in another language, thinking in it, and understanding it. So cool.

Not Sleeping

My Grandma called it 'slap happy' but when you're so overtired that you're not even tired anymore. After days of not sleeping and/or staying up for hours over cramming your brain in college calculus that you just think EVERYTHING is a joke. You literally can't stop laughing its just so funny. What's funny? I have no idea, just everything! The number 4 it's just fucking hysterical IDK WHY!!!

Falling in Love

Finding another person in the world who's just so unbelievably beautiful inside and out. They're wonderful, every single attribute you could ever want in someone else- and they think the same exact thing about you. And for some reason, everything about everything in the world is beyond beautiful.

Meeting a Celebrity

This is like the dopiest feeling ever, and a hell of a story. Like, woah this person is really human. They walk, talk, and breathe the same air as I do! Fiiireee.

I'm sure there's way more and I know there's only more to come. I hope everyone has the chance to experience at leaf one of these awesome highs. And keep in mind, it's the lows that make those highs so much better, so appreciate where you are on the ride.



Also published on Thought Catalog




You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.